Facilities and Locations
The Facility Listing is where you define and manage your facilities; a facility is any building where people work. Employees choose which facilities they are able to work at through their User Profiles. For each facility you create, you also have the option to define one or more locations within that facility. Examples of locations might be; front desk, weight room, main pool, outdoor pool, field house, gymnasium and so on. When you create shifts on a schedule, you can choose the location where the employee will be working. Note: only users with the "client administrator" permission are allowed to make changes to the facilities setup. To manage your facilities go to the following menu option:
This menu option brings you to the facilities listing page:
From this listing page you may:
To add a facility, navigate to the Facilities listing page as shown above. Select the Add Facility menu option on the upper left corner of your screen. The following new page will appear for you to enter the details about your facility.
- Enter an abbreviation for this facility. The abbreviation must be 2-6 characters long. This abbreviation will be used to identify this location on reports, listings and messages to staff.
- Enter a description for this facility.
- Select the type of facility from the drop down list; if your facility type doesn't appear on the list, just select "other".
- Select a status - if your facility is open now, choose "open"; if your facility is not open yet, select "future".
- If this facility is where you would like RecStaff to direct your invoices and other mail, check the "Administrative office" checkbox.
- Enter the address of the facility in the fields on the right side of the page.
- If there are no errors (red fields with error messages) then click the blue "Save" button.
- You will return to the facility listing page with a confirmation message at the top of the page.
To edit a facility, navigate to the Facilities listing page as shown above. Find the facility you would like to edit; on the right side of that facilities row is a pencil icon. Click this edit icon to bring up the Edit Facility page as shown below:
- Make changes to the fields that need to be updated (note: the Facility ID field is RecStaff's system ID and may not be edited).
- Once you've made your changes, click the blue "Update" button.
- You will return to the facility listing page with a confirmation message of your edits at the top of the page.
The Edit Facility page also provides a quick summary of the employees who have indicated they can work at this facility, and a listing of the locations you've defined within this facility. To view either the employees or locations, click on the grey "chevron". Beneath the employee panel is a link that will take you to your Employee Listing page, filtered for employees that have agreed to work at this location. Similarly, under the locations panel is a link that will take you to a page where you can manage the locations you've defined for this facility.
The "Facilities" listing page as shown above also allows you to remove a facility. Note that if you have used the facility you are deleting (for example, if there are employees associated with the facility) then RecStaff will archive the facility and no longer show it to you in your listing, but all the data will remain in your system for audit purposes.
- Select the facility by clicking the checkbox for that facility in the left-most column of the table. The row should turn to blue.
- Select the menu option "Remove Facility" from the menu on the left side of the page.
- A confirmation dialogue will appear:
- Confirm that you want to remove (or archive) the facility.
- The Facilities listing will reload and you will see a confirmation of the removal.